Town of Sanibel lately reported that customers can buy qualifying catastrophe preparedness provides exempt from gross sales tax throughout the 2021 Catastrophe Preparedness Gross sales Tax Vacation.
Handed by the Florida Legislature and signed into regulation by Gov. Ron DeSantis, this yr’s vacation began on Could 28 and it’ll prolong by way of June 6. Qualifying gadgets corresponding to flashlights, mills and batteries are exempt from gross sales tax. The next merchandise are included:
SELLING FOR $20 OR LESS
– Reusable ice (ice packs)
SELLING FOR $40 OR LESS
– Any moveable self-powered mild supply, together with mild sources powered by battery, photo voltaic, hand-crank or fuel: Flashlights, lanterns, candles
SELLING FOR $50 OR LESS
– Any fuel or diesel gas container, together with LP fuel and kerosene containers
– Batteries, together with rechargeable batteries, listed sizes solely (excluding car and boat batteries): A and AAA, C-cell D-cell, 6-volt and 9-volt
– Two-way and climate band radios, together with radios powered by battery, photo voltaic, or hand-crank
SELLING FOR $60 OR LESS
– Coolers and ice chests (meals storage, non-electrical)
– Transportable energy banks
SELLING FOR $100 OR LESS
– Tarpaulins (tarps)
– Floor anchor techniques
– Tie-down kits
– Bungee cords
– Ratchet straps
– Visqueen, plastic sheeting, plastic drop cloths and different versatile waterproof sheeting
SELLING FOT $1,000 OR LESS
– Transportable mills used to offer mild or communications or to protect meals within the occasion of an influence outage
The vacation doesn’t apply to the rental or restore of any of the qualifying gadgets. Moreover, it doesn’t apply to gross sales in a theme park, leisure advanced, public lodging institution or airport.
For extra data for shoppers, go to https://floridarevenue.com/DisasterPrep/Documents/FAQexternalConsumers.pdf.
For extra data for companies, go to https://floridarevenue.com/taxes/tips/Documents/TIP_21A01-04.pdf.